Join community members and stay active with others during uncertain times in support of RUN and their participants.
Open to all abilities and all types of movement, keep track of your weekly hours of your preferred activity, and challenge yourself and your community to keep moving! We look forward to staying active 'together'!
You can register your team here using the Kindful registration page.
Teams of 5. Registration fee is HK$500 per person (HK$2,500 per team). You can donate and raise additional funds through the Kindful team page that is setup for you. Every little helps!
A one-month long virtual challenge to accumulate the most hours spent exercising and being active collectively as a team. The team with the most collective hours wins. The top 3 teams will be awarded prizes at the end of the challenge…. More details to come!
Registrants are encouraged to do any activity 'virtually' such as yoga, running, hiking, swimming. Teams hours will be logged using ChallengeHound (registrants will receive an email regarding setting up their account closer to the start date) and interim results will be sent out weekly during the challenge.
The month-long challenge will begin on 13th September to 13th October 2021.
Join community members and stay active with others during uncertain time, in support of RUN.
RUN is a non-profit organisation that supports vulnerable refugees with a special focus on female victims of torture and violence to Rebuild their mental and physical strength, Unite across differences as a community, and Nurture self-resilience for a more hopeful future. With sports as the springboard, RUN works towards a resilient and empowered refugee community in Hong Kong and beyond.
With our help, we can make a difference to these vulnerable people who need our support. For example:
- HK$500 per month covers essential support for one vulnerable female refugee in order for them to meet their basic needs. This includes costs for food, housing and medical support.
- HK$3,800 provides transport costs for one refugee woman to attend the weekly Hiking to Heal Programme for one year.
- HK$4,800 provides one single mother with babysitting so she can attend sport programmes for one year.
- HK$14,000 covers one year (48 weeks) of sports programmes for a vulnerable refugee mother including transport, childcare and meals.
- On average, HK$50,000 supports one vulnerable female participant for an entire year in RUN's various programmes (including sports, education, childcare and essential support).
- Registration for teams is open and will be closed a couple of weeks before the challenge start date. All registrants will receive a virtual bib prior of the start of the event.
- WiFA and RUN will host a virtual 'warm-up' event at the beginning of September to answer Q&As regarding health and fitness during times of activity.
- WiFA and RUN will host a networking 'cool-down' event after the challenge to get together and celebrate the fundraising success of this worthy cause.
- You can fundraise individually for your team.
Activity is a great way to relief stress and keep yourself balanced with our busy Hong Kong lives so be sure to get involved. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Emma at WiFA email@example.com or Ally at RUN firstname.lastname@example.org.